T1 will be held at Chris Perondi’s Stunt Dog Academy facility. The field we will be using is not long enough for safe 40 yard+ catches. so Chris came up with his own format called the Extreme Games and we will use his format of T & F for this tournament only.
Here are the rules for this format:
Extreme Games Toss and Fetch Rules
Think of this as a normal toss and fetch round except that it is only 45 seconds long, the farthest scoring zone is over 30 yards (so 3 points) and you have 3 discs to throw instead of 1. It is challenging and a lot of fun, but does take some practice. You may opt to not use 3 discs and do your round with just 1 disc.
1. Dog and handler must be behind the throwing line before the announcer says GO! After the first throw, dog and handler may move about the field as they like, but all throws must be made from behind the same throwing line where the team started to score.
2. 3 discs, 45 seconds.
Countdown of time remaining will be given at 30 seconds left, 10 seconds, 5 4 3 2 1 and time. Any throw that is released before the announcer finishes saying TIME will count.
3. 1 practice throw allowed, with or without dog, IN FIRST TOSS AND FETCH ROUND ONLY.
4. Announcer will ask if player is ready and time will start when the announcer says GO!
5. Stepping on or over the throwing line while making a throw will result in a foot fault and that throw will not be scored. Foot fault judges will raise a red flag to signal a foot fault and the announcer will call out FOOTFAULT.
6. Time will not stop for nature breaks. The handler should continue as soon as the dog is ready and do any clean up immediately after their round. Competitors are asked to keep a poop bag in their pocket when competing to expedite clean up.
7. There will be no out of bounds at this club tournament.
8. Any catch made with all 4 paws clearly off the ground will be awarded a half point bonus.
9. SCORING ZONES:
• 0 – 10 YDS = 0 pts
• 10-20 YDS = 1 pt
• 20-30 YDS = 2 pts
• Over 30 YDS = 3 pts
10. In order to score in the higher scoring zone, all 4 paws must land in that zone or on the line.